Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
The Best Horror Movie ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment Search Forum
Recent Topics
jackndanni

United Kingdom

AB Rep: +1

-762 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: The Best Horror Movie ??? Reply with quote

What is the best horror film you have ever seen? I have seen loads but nowadays it has to be something original and believable with a story to it. I recently watched Martyrs and boy! What a film! Hell of a plot to it, can be extremely upsetting and somewhat disturbing with a clever twist. It made me picture myself in that position and wonder what would I do?? I really have no idea and pray to God I never find out! Highly recommend you watch it. Smile x
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In no order...

The Wicker Man (1973)

My Bloody Valentine (1981)

Black Christmas (1974)

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973)

Creepshow (1982)

The Legend of Hell House (1973)

None of this remake crap, it has to be origional or nothing.
I did read they were going to do another remake on creapshow.
give it a rest already..

Great Canada - US Host...
msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: The Best Horror Movie ??? Reply with quote

jackndanni wrote:
What is the best horror film you have ever seen?

Same as Lonny, it really depends on the day/weather/mood etc. For example, right now I would fancy watching (yet again) "Hellbound: Hellraiser II". One of those instances (imho) where the sequel is better that the original (and subsequent sequels).

Glancing across at my dvd library, yup, pretty much any of them could be 'the best' for me tomorrow or next week. Except "From Beyond". No. Not an entertaining movie at all. Rolling Eyes
akeo

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's going way back and isn't really classed as horror by today's definition, but I've always liked Nosferatu from 1922.
House on Haunted Hill is another one I could watch again and again (the 1959 Vincent Price version)
I agree with Lonny about original or nothing with the exception of 13 ghosts were I actually prefer the remake. It's just about the only remake I would say improved on an original.
msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akeo wrote:
I know it's going way back and isn't really classed as horror by today's definition, but I've always liked Nosferatu from 1922.

As a kid, I remember watching the 1939 version of The Cat and the Canary, starring Bob Hope and Paulette Goddard. It scared the bejeebers out of me, even though it is in the comedy-horror category. I still love that film!
akeo

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Christopher Lee, true legend of horror films has died aged 93. He passed away on Sunday 7th June but it has only been announced today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: