Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Most popular arcade games in Japan for October 2015!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:31 am    Post subject: Most popular arcade games in Japan for October 2015! Reply with quote

Tekken 7 has remained in the top spot in October! It looks like everything else has remained the same on the conventional cabinets list too.

Conventional cabinets list:

1. Tekken 7
Bandai Namco Entertainment

2. Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS
Maxi boost

3. ALL.Net P-ras MULTI ver.2
Sega Interactive

4. Dragon Ball ZENKAI Battle Royale
Super Saiyan awakening

5. Ultra Street Fighter IV
Capcom

In contrast, the dedicated or oversized cabinets list has Wonderland Wars on top which means that game has switched places with the Chain-Gene updated version of LoV III to take the coveted top spot!

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 has also entered the list at #4! This means Gunslinger Stratos 2 dropped a spot to barely hang onto the final spot on the list with the latest Taiko no Tatsujin update being kicked off the list!

1. Wonderland Wars
Sega Interactive

2. Mobile Suit Gundam Bonds of the Battlefield
Rev. 3

3. Lord of Vermilion III Chain-Gene
Square Enix

4. Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5

5. Gunslinger Stratos 2
Square Enix

What do you think of these lists?

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, garyoak99 Cool

It's interesting "ALL.Net P-ras MULTI ver.2" is in third place.
OK, it is classed as a cabinet but, from what I understand, it's not just one game but a pack of games,isn't it?

It's a great idea to have several unconnected games in one cabinet, but I'm wondering about the quality of those games, and if having a multi-game cabinet in a list of single-game cabinets is fair.

It seems like trying to include a rock album in the singles chart, if you know what I mean.

Quality-wise, is there a video somewhere that showcases the games in that cabinet? Have the designers compromised quality in providing quantity?
Bafusa

Czech Republic

$ 1116

AB Rep: +72
Aura:

2320471 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update garyoak, + 1 AB Rep from me Wink
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msidoh wrote:
Thanks for the update, garyoak99 Cool

It's interesting "ALL.Net P-ras MULTI ver.2" is in third place.
OK, it is classed as a cabinet but, from what I understand, it's not just one game but a pack of games,isn't it?

Quality-wise, is there a video somewhere that showcases the games in that cabinet? Have the designers compromised quality in providing quantity?

Yes, it is a group of games and I mentioned the newest (and probably most popular) game in that group last month:

Hard to believe but they already announced the console ports of the arcade game for BOTH the PS4 AND PS3 early next year:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6LlLXkvK4[/youtube]

I don't know if there is a video somewhere showcasing all of the games in this online game delivery service but I can list the games I know of that are delivered in this format:

電撃文庫 FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION or Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition:

Yes, I think that is a Sonic stage in the background of the above video!

Koihime Enbu 恋姫†演武:

BLADE ARCUS from Shining:

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st]:

so you can see that it delivers almost all 2D fighting games with the 1 exception being:

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate: Arcade

I think the quality is quite good which is why it got the latest Guilty Gear title. That 2D fighting game series is well known for its quality and even I have played certain games from that series!

Edited by rogbow

Embedded link removed as it was stretching the forum thread out.

$ 108

Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you've certainly put some work into finding those videos for us, Garyoak99! Thanks and +1 to you!

It's an interesting set of Beat-em-ups (and yes, you're right about Sonic!).

For some reason, these videos reminded me of one of my all-time favourite fight games from my good old Amiga days: Barbarian Smile

Ah, the memories!

garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msidoh wrote:

For some reason, these videos reminded me of one of my all-time favourite fight games from my good old Amiga days: Barbarian Smile

Thanks! Wow! I never knew there was a fighting game released the same year as Street Fighter that had fatalities! It even had a sequel! Laughing

$ 108

Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I used to laugh at the way the little green monster would nonchalantly kick the decapitated head off the screen. We were more innocent in those days.

A piece of trivia: I seem to remember that the "Yiii" sound in the Barbarian game was sampled from the movie Red Sonja - which, of course, starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was the original Barbarian Smile
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msidoh wrote:
Yup, I used to laugh at the way the little green monster would nonchalantly kick the decapitated head off the screen. We were more innocent in those days.

A piece of trivia: I seem to remember that the "Yiii" sound in the Barbarian game was sampled from the movie Red Sonja - which, of course, starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was the original Barbarian Smile

Yes, indeed! I'm sure all the Mortal Kombat fans out there would be astonished by the fact that such a game existed before the first entry in the series debuted back in 1993.

I never realized they would do something like that in a game this old!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: